New Blogs of Interest

It appears that Richard Edelman's blog was just the first for the Edelman Worldwide firm, which explains why the "Speak Up" tab was not just hotlinked to Edelman's 6AM blog.

Joining him from Chicago is Christopher Hannegan, Senior Vice President and Director
Employee Engagement Practice. I think that means he is an internal employee communications guru. And, yes, the blog is titled Employee Engagement. The blog is to extend the firm's thought leadership in the areas of employee engagement and communications, with news in these areas, tips for communicators and other perspectives.

My one caveat on the blog is I cannot tell if the companies cited are clients, or just examples. I am hoping that Hannegan will note when he writes on current and past clients.

___________

VNU Media has launched a news aggregated, blog-esque Website with Inside Branded Entertainment. The stories are pulled from other VNU magazines, such as the "Weeks" of AdWeek, Brandweek and Mediaweek, as well as Billboard and Hollywood Reporter.

According to the press release I was sent,
"Sixty-three percent of Association of National Advertisers members are presently pursuing Branded Entertainment deals. VNU’s brands and expertise in the core industries surrounding branded entertainment allow us to deliver compelling information and tools to these professionals in order for them to succeed in their day-to-day activities.” says John Lerner, Vice President/General Manager of VNU eMedia.
That's quite a mouthful, but it's a great read with free access to those stories from VNU media. The thing that I noticed at OMMA West is that the convergence of public relations and marketing is moving faster and faster, with the need for the two to work in concert and not against each other. And, one arena that that is happening in is branded entertainment, product placement. It used to be part of PR, but now it's part of advertising.

My one complaint is that while there are RSS feeds, there's not one for the whole site. There are RSS feeds for stories, and they are provided by Clickability, and the choices are: most viewed, most emailed, most printed and most saved.

Um, I'm different than most people, so what they might want, I likely do not. Another beef with the Clickability RSS feeds are that they are not recognized by Firefox. Come on - if it's not being recognized in Firefox, what happens when the next version of IE with the built-in RSS reader comes out....


Technorati tags:



Comments
2 comments
  1. Hi Jeremy,

    This comment has nothing to do with the post, but I tried emailing you and it failed.

    Just wanted to say I thinks it's cool how you're encouraging and
    interacting with the blogging students at Auburn University. I'm a PR
    student myself in the UK, and over here, PR education tends to get
    criticised as PR is supposedly a subject "that can't be taught".

    I think PR education needs more practitioners like yourself to encourage and support!

    Kind regards,

    Stephen

    P.S. I'm a big fan of your blog also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephen. Been getting some weird email bouncebacks (even to myself), so I apologize.

    Thanks for reading and enjoying!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment