It's about the message, stupid


It's all about the message Posted by Hello


Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five had a great point - the message is what needs to be heard.

I originally had posted something different - about the VP debate - but it wasn't me. I wanted to stick up the album cover of Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five on my blog.

Why? Well, it's also my notebook desktop screen, and I was at a meeting today with the Arizona Technology Council, and the woman next to me did a double-take while I was starting up.

She didn't get it. I'm in public relations, and there's one thing that we people in PR should remember - it's about the message. PR people need to make sure that their executives are on message, and remember that when we go off message, we tend to die.

We also need to remember that part of the message is working with the media. PR is supposed to be that bridge, not a barrier, as Jack O'Dwyer noted well in the Global PR Blog Week interview.

We also need to remember that we are in a stressful profession, and to have a personal life (as I blog this while watching VH1's rap show).

Grandmaster Flash's The Message had a chorus that fits PR well:
Don’t push me, cause I’m close to the edge
I’m trying not to lose my head
It’s like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder
How I keep from going under...
Comments
No comments

Post a Comment