Tuesday, November 22, 2005

When Schools Do Logos ...

Why don't they try to use their students first?

Scottsdale Community College - most famous for its mascot, Artie the Artichoke - just paid Cramer-Krasselt close to $12K for a new logo. It is not a bad logo - also nothing that creative that a student could not have come up with the same thing - but whenever I read about a college doing a quick logo redesign, I wonder why the college does not go to the students.

It's not like we are talking about a massive PR push or adverising campaign, but rather a rebranding with a new logo. And, who better to know what would embody the spirit of a community college better than its own students? I did check out the college's Website, and they do offer graphic design and art at the school.

Now, do I think that every campaign should be handed to classes? No, not at all. Do I think students should have a voice in the branding and logo of their schools, yes.

Technorati Tags:






Post a Comment