Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Snippets - Blogs, MSN Space, XMas Gifts

  • "Blog" makes the dictionary. Millions of blogger heads swell up with self-importance, then explode, leaving the blogosphere empty.

    I continue to drink my 64 oz bottle of Odwalla OJ to fight a cold at home.
  • MSN Spaces Launches. And, the blogosphere goes nuts.

    I just launched my own MSN Spaces blog for POP! PR, just to test it out and play with it. I see that Robert Scoble, the MSFT evangelist, isn't going to switch over just yet. But, I think that's fine - from what I have been reading and playing with so far, MSN Spaces isn't for hardcore bloggers.

    To me, MSN Spaces is going after the My Space, Live Journal and, well, Blogger space - people that want to write about their lives (okay, 14 year old girls on some level), but quite easily through the integration with MSN Messenger.

    I give it a thumbs up - I think it'll give those services a run for their money and carve out a nice niche for itself. It seems pretty easy to use, it has some nice MSN IM integration, as well as mobile integration.

    I just don't expect to see tons of corporate blogs built on the platform.
  • How ethical is it to send XMas gifts to the media?

    Yesterday, on the leading morning news in Phoenix - Good Morning Arizona - Dan Davis commented that a local PR firm (okay, they are more like wannabe publicists) had sent everyone at the station a gift ... but him.

    Now, Dan's being doing TV here for 25 years. He's an Emmy winner, he's very personable and professional. I don't see him commenting on not getting a gift because he was upset that he didn't but more as a putdown of the firm and the ethics of giving gifts.

    How tacky, though, that they forgot him.

    So, readers ... what are your thoughts?
Post a Comment